Our aim at Brooklyns, whether you are a ‘First Time’ or a ‘Professional’ landlord is to make the whole experience as stress free as possible. As an independent letting agency we will tailor our service to meet your requirements.
Firstly, we will need to arrange a market valuation of your property. One of our aims at Brooklyns is to ensure our landlords maximise their return on their investment, without compromising on the quality of the tenant.
At the same time, we will take note of your tenant preferences e.g. pets, smokers etc. In addition, advice you of your legal obligations as a landlord and if assistance is required we will be more than happy to assist you with these.
Once you give us the go ahead to market your property we will at your earliest convenience start preparing the marketing material. Taking into account the importance of presentation we will produce detailed particulars, supported by coloured photographs and floorplans.
Once these particulars have been approved by yourself, we will:
- Add the details onto Rightmove, On The Market, Brooklynsweb.co.uk and many more
- Showcase the property in our LED window displays
- Ensure the property is marketed in the local property newspaper
- Email details to all potential tenants on our database
- Erect a ‘To Let’ Board – which is a very effective 24 hours a day marketing tool (with your agreement)
- Lastly ensure we have an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) in place and if not arrange it on your behalf if you wish.
At Brooklyns we prefer to accompany all viewings where possible with your agreement. This can be arranged either by providing us with a key or allowing us access through other means.
Once we have found a prospective tenant, before the tenancy agreement is formulised we will arrange full references for this tenant from an external reference agency, which will include the following:
- Employment Reference
- Residency Status Confirmation
- Previous Landlord References (where applicable)
- Credit Checks with a Credit Reference Agency
Once you are satisfied with the above, prior to the tenant moving in we will arrange the following:
- Set up the Tenancy Agreement
- Deposit – One and Half Months Rent
- One Month’s Rent in Advance
Depending on the level of service you have opted forward we will then move forward accordingly. The 3 basic level of services we offer (which we are happy to adjust to your requirements):
- Tenant Find
- Rent Collection
- Fully Managed Including ‘Rent Guarantee and Free Legal Services’