Our key aim at Brooklyns is to make your home selling experience as ‘stress free’ as possible.
Firstly, we will need to arrange a market valuation of your house. It is our job to ensure you obtain the best possible price for your property in a reasonable timescale. We will always be honest and open with you and our recommendation will be based on our local knowledge of the property market.
Once you give us the go ahead to market your property we will at your earliest convenience start preparing the marketing material. Taking into account the importance of presentation we will produce detailed particulars, supported by coloured photographs and floorplans.
Once these particulars have been approved by yourself, we will:
- Add the details onto Rightmove, On The Market, Brooklynsweb.co.uk and many more
- Showcase the property in our LED window displays
- Ensure the property is marketed in the local property newspaper
- Email details to all potential buyers on our database
- Erect a ‘Sale Board’ – which is a very effective 24 hour a day marketing tool (with your agreement)
- Lastly ensure we have an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) in place and if not arrange it on your behalf if you wish
At Brooklyns we prefer to accompany all viewings where possible with your agreement. This can be arranged either you providing Brooklyns with a key or allowing access through other means. Either way we will always give you prior notice of the viewing and if time permits at least 24 hours.
Post viewing and within 24 hours, we will endeavour to obtain feedback from the buyer and relay this back to you.
All offers received, regardless of the amount will be conveyed to you both verbally and in writing for your consideration. At the same time on your behalf, Brooklyns will continue to negotiate with the buyer ensuring the best possible price for your house is obtained.
In addition to the above we will verify the buyer’s situation and establish the following:
- Do they have a property to sell? If so how far are they with the sale and how long is their ‘chain’?
- Financial Situation - Have they sufficient funds arranged to complete the purchase. This includes obtaining a copy of their mortgage lender’s ‘Agreement In Principle’ and ‘Proof of Deposit’
Ultimately the final decision is yours, however we will offer you our professional opinion on the way forward.
Post Offer Acceptance
Once an offer has been accepted we will then monitor the progress of the sale to completion, by liaising with the solicitors, buyer, mortgage lenders and other estate agents within the chain.
Our aim at Brooklyns is to make the sale of your property as stress free as possible